Blue and Green Bubble coral question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can these colored bubble corals change colors depending on lighting? I saw what was listed as a blue bubble coral at the lfs today and this coral had no blue coloration in it. I was wondering if it was misslabled or if it is jsut somehting to do with lighting.

Most that I see are pink or beige.

Lighting can make a difference.. Brighter lights can bleach it out over time, water quality and different types of lighting also makes a difference.
My kenya trees look different under my PC compared to my VHO. They probably were using some actinic lighting to give the corals a nicer look.
I have never seen a Blue Bubble... I have seen Pearl, Green and a off white/gray..

Interesting. Well I saw a bubble listed as blue in a store called Absolutley Fish in Clifton NJ. Great store. They had it labled that way but to me it looked like an average pink bubble coral under attnic lighting.

Here is a pic of mine. Green and pink. Never seen a blue one I tried to get it bigger. Sorry I should have just pointed to the avatar

Attachments

• 01010092_101.jpg
    01010092_101.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 259
Back
Top Bottom