Blue & Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nsu7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can I keep a blue and yellow tang together in my tank (specs in sig)? And if so can I QT at the same time. Or do I need to get one first then later get the other?

TIA

Keeping them in the same tank should be alright. I had them in a 55 gal. my blue was only about 1 1/2 inches. It had a mishap with a ph though. Not sure about the QT thing.

You may have to keep an eye on them. A 75 gal is a little small for both and there may be territorial issues there.

Mike

By blue you mean a hippo or regal tang? If so nothing smaller then 100 gallons for that fish
A yellow will do fine in the 75. I would not try them both, it may work when there small but as they get larger you probably have issues..

Thats what people in the hobby call a Hippo or Regal tang. I hate it when they call it the Dorie fish!!!!
Most people I know do not agree with that 70 gal requirement. That fish can get 12" when full grown and it will have problems in a 75.
My Marine fishes book says min 100 gal... Tangs like to swim so they will require IMO a larger tank.
It is your tank so do what makes you happy... There are a lot of 2" hippo tangs around lately..

LoL, I almost went the lazy route and said that. Glad I didn't :wink:

I had heard the need more like 100 gallons. I don't want an unhappy fish aka stressed aka sick fish. So probably won't get one. The yellow tangs are cheaper anyways...

Back
Top Bottom