Blue Betta (Blue Devil Fish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all. I was looking at this fish, and was curious to know if anyone has experience with them. I cant seem to find much info on them. Are they reef safe? TIA.

Andy

Do you mean a Marine Betta (Comet) or the Blue Damsel? I think you have been given a wrong name.. Is it a large of small fish? Small them its the Damsel.

It's on Liveaquaria.com for a pretty penny. It's definitely not the regular blue damsel. When I get home I will post the scientific name.

I couldn't find any pricy ones on that site. I believe, most damsels are semi to agressive. What do you have in there now? My Blue Devil is the terror of the tank.

Unless they sold it just recently, it is under the Diver's Den section on Liveaquaria for $600. It sure doesnt look like a damsel to me. I have had the plain, cheap blue damsels before (and never again).

I know what u are talking about, they come from Australia. I have no experience with them, but u can keep them in a reef from wut i have read. They won't nip or eat corals, but may eat crustaceans. They are also very expensive.

Here's a link to a pretty good site that sells and has info about this fish.
http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/marinebetta/bluedevilaustralia/

Back
Top Bottom