Blue chromi not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryceguam

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought 2 chromis from the pet store, from the same tank, at the same time. One of them eats everything he can, but the second one isn't as interested. It swims around near the bottom. How do o get it to eat?

Very rare for a damsel. Not saying necessarily your situation, but sometimes the fish we buy might physically look OK, but mentally are damaged goods.
I think cyanide collection or just normal retardation can sometimes be the culprit. We should assume that a percentage of the fish population, just as the human one, is going to be mentally disabled. I would also assume that these fish are probably more easily caught. Anyway, this might not be your situation, but damsels are usully voracious, and made me think about an oddball I once bought! Good luck with him

i bought 2 blue chromis and put them into my 10g qt and fed in tiny amounts of flakes(i crushed em to be tiny) for like 4-5 days then they both died,but i beleive poor water is the culporite,cuz i noticed pink gills,anyway i plan on buying a cleaner shrimp and 2 more chromis to add to my tank of a paired ocellaris clowns,and a sexy shrimp can i skip qt for the chromis because i belive they have a better chance in my 37g dt plus my clowns are strong and 3months old so might not get sick if the chromis do and my cleaner shrimp can help by cleaning them,also more rock to hide/swim space,lastly their hardy so do u think i should bother qt for such hardy fish when my dt is more hospitable?(ps-i want them in sooner but i will wait if its a bad idea)

Back
Top Bottom