Blue chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few weeks ago I added 5 blue chromis to my tank from live aquaria and in less than 24hrs they were all dead. I tested my water and all was good. Are these considered a delicate species? I've had green chromis before and I never had any problems with them. I really want to order some more this week since they are on sale so any insight you guys could offer would be great.

TmeLrd11 said:
A few weeks ago I added 5 blue chromis to my tank from live aquaria and in less than 24hrs they were all dead. I tested my water and all was good. Are these considered a delicate species? I've had green chromis before and I never had any problems with them. I really want to order some more this week since they are on sale so any insight you guys could offer would be great.

What are your parameters looking like ? And how long has the system been up and running ?

No chromis are really delicate. Where they the blue reef chromis? I would be leaning towards the water parameters. Possibly a big salinity change from the water they where in and the water in your tank. Did u acclimate them properly?

If your acclimation was good and your tank well established and stable then the Chromis were probably in bad shape when you got them. Blue Chromis are frustrating because sometimes they seem to be very hardy and other times just die off for no apparent reason. I think this is one of the fishes that you are better off buying at the LFS so that you can assess their health, if they are eating etc.

My tank has been running since may. I currently have two black clowns and a CUC. I drip acclimated them for two hours and when I put them. In they seemed happy and active. I probably will have my LFS order me some.

I have a bunch of chromis in my tanks and one thing about my chromis is that I usually have to feed them at least twice a day mainly because they are small and eat small amounts of food over a long period of time they are just as bad as my anthias in that respect. So if you just drop a ton of food in there at once they will literally eat them selfs to death but that usually only happens when you have smaller sized chromis.

Back
Top Bottom