Blue chromis:Qt or Dt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought 2 blue chromis and put them into my 10g qt and fed in tiny amounts of flakes(i crushed em to be tiny) for like 4-5 days then they both died,but i beleive poor water is the culporite,cuz i noticed pink gills,anyway i plan on buying a cleaner shrimp and 2 more chromis to add to my tank of a paired ocellaris clowns,and a sexy shrimp can i skip qt for the chromis because i belive they have a better chance in my 37g dt plus my clowns are strong and 3months old so might not get sick if the chromis do and my cleaner shrimp can help by cleaning them,also more rock to hide/swim space,lastly their hardy so do u think i should bother qt for such hardy fish when my dt is more hospitable?(ps-i want them in sooner but i will wait if its a bad idea)

I recently bought two chromis and they both died within two days
My water parameters were good
I think they arent as hardy as they are thought to be

Should you put them in QT? Yes. Will you? Probably not lol. Meth. Blue seems to work best with any Chromis in QT.

Always qt all your fish. Did you check your water levels. Is there ammonia or nitrites in there if so you need to do water changes until the bacteria grows enough to support the the fish load.Also if they get sick with ich which i'm assuming your talking about cleaner shrimp will not do much to get rid of it since the parasite is under the fishes skin.

Chromis are pretty hardy I added 1 , 2 weeks into my cycling process And he has gone through some anomie peaks ( up to .50ppm ) but he is fine , same with my other 2 , and they have to deal with my Clarkie clown . Did you have a chance to watch these chromis before you got them? I usually window shop my fish for a few days at the LFS to make sure they are feeding and swimming well and no visible bugs . Also all 4 of my chromis are so timid they scoot away from my cleaner shrimp.

I think you got some fish that had one fin in the grave already :-/

And no I didn't QT my chromis either :-/ , I am working on a QT tank soon

Yes, always quarantine. In my experience, chromis are very hardy. I have still have two that were the very first fish I ever bought. They have lived through everything including extreme water parameters when I messed up (a bunch of times, lol).

scottayy said:
Yes, always quarantine. In my experience, chromis are very hardy. I have still have two that were the very first fish I ever bought. They have lived through everything including extreme water parameters when I messed up (a bunch of times, lol).

+1 agree hardy lil buggers , these are mine whom I call " Jem and the Holograms " from the 80's cartoon ^_^ I'm very nostalgic ,lol

Back
Top Bottom