Blue Damsel and Bicolor Dottyback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summitxho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
From the research I have done it says they are compatible, but they both are pretty aggressive fish, so I am wondering if someone else has some first hand experience, would it be better with a Royal Gamma Basslet instead of the dottyback? This is for a future 55 gallon and I am just trying to narrow down some fish choices to see which way I would wanna go.

when i first introduced my royal gramma into my 38g, it fought with my blue damselfish. They've since settled down, but the royal gramma is still pretty feisty. it picks on my hermit crabs and chases around the blue damsel whereas it was opposite before.

I would remove the damsel all together becuase its going to be a jerk to any fish you wish to add later down the road. Also if you plan on adding a royal gramma or something like a 6 line wrasse, add them last, or together with the last fish.

Wow..I was going to ask the same question. Just added a royal dottyback and the damsel hit it straight away. It is hiding behind a powerhead now and looking a bit tattered around the tail. I was told to keep the damsel while setting up my new tank cos they are hardy and nitrate tolerant...but he is not on my list of favorite fish.
Should I remove him now? Will the dottyback recover?

Back
Top Bottom