Blue filter tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone know where to get some dark blue filter tubing (standard size) in the UK please?!

Are you talking about your RO filter tubing? If so, I got mine from a local water supply store that sells RO units, water conditioners, etc... I am sure you can find something similiar in the UK.

Not RO - standard Eheim filter tubing, but blue, not green :p

Is it just vinyl tubing? You can get it from a hardware store if so.

I have never had an Eheim unit so I am shooting in the dark here.

:)

When I get the filter tubing, if I do get it from a non-fish place, do I have to be careful about the material etc. so that I make sure it's perfectly safe for aquarium use?

Well...

If it is just plain jane vinyl, plastic, or PVC tubing then it is fine. If it says something like "mildew resistent" or "fungus resistent" stay away from that.

So normal PVC tubing (has to be bendy though!) will be ok? No special type of PVC or anything?

So normal PVC tubing (has to be bendy though!) will be ok? No special type of PVC or anything?

PVC isn't flexible but yes that is what just about all people use for return lines to the tank including me. I use a vinyl tube for my overflow.

Looks like it's going to be vinyl then, because it needs to be flexible :)

Polyethelyne also works, its flexible, but a fair bit stiffer than vinyl. Used on ice makers/RO units, etc, but commonly not found in bigger dimensions.

I use vinyl for my return, PVC for my overflow

Back
Top Bottom