Blue Green Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to hear what you all think of the Blue Green Chromis. I have a 45 gal reef with a pair of clowns, 6 line wrasse fire shrimp and a CUC. Although I will get scolded for it I intend on adding a Kole Yellow Eye Tang. I know in a few years I will need to find him a better home or upgrade my tank. I also plan on having a diamond goby. Would a few Blue Green Chromis be the finishing touch?

While I don't think they are particularly pretty, the idea of them schooling appeals to me. All opinions welcome except for the ones who say I am fat and ugly. I already know that. :lol:

Yea I would do it I have 5 chromis in my tank and they always school together

I just got 3 for my 76 gallon, and immediately they started schooling right away. Under actinics, they look amazing, IMO.

Yea I would do it I have 5 chromis in my tank and they always school together

You think with the other fish I have and plan on having I could get three? I suspect 5 would be way too much but on the other hand, it isn't much of a school with just two. LOL

Yea three would be a good number and your right people are gonna chew you out about the tang including me! Lol

3 would be fine. I'm might get 2 more later on though. The fish would be very compatible with the chromis.

Yea three would be a good number and your right people are gonna chew you out about the tang including me! Lol

I know, I know. I just want a nice center piece and of all of them, that looks the best suited if I find a very young one and know that I can't keep him in there for long. :) I suspect I will be hearing from Carey too. :hide:

I know, I know. I just want a nice center piece and of all of them, that looks the best suited if I find a very young one and know that I can't keep him in there for long. :) I suspect I will be hearing from Carey too. :hide:

Why not a coral beauty or flame angel? Be a great color piece and wont have to get rid of it... Just a suggestion before Carey see's this...lol:ermm:

Why not a coral beauty or flame angel? Be a great color piece and wont have to get rid of it... Just a suggestion before Carey see's this...lol:ermm:

Thanks for looking out for me when it comes to Carey. LOL I love both of those but wouldn't that be trouble in a reef? Right now I have very little coral but I want to start working on improving that soon.

I have a coral beauty and a reef. Have no issues. As long as its fed, it won't mess with ur corals. Of course, every fish has its own attitude.

LOL I'm only picking out fish that are UNABLE to eat coral, since I'm a little bit paranoid :p

I know I know, but I have heard bad stories about them. Plus, it was either that or a Kole Tang, and I like the tang better IMO.

I have a coral beauty and a reef. Have no issues. As long as its fed, it won't mess with ur corals. Of course, every fish has its own attitude.

I would prefer a coral beauty over a flame angel or a kole tang. I would just hate to not have some nice coral. May post another one of these threads and see what other comments I get. Thanks Kio, I appreciate the input. (and, it may keep Carey off my back). LOL Poor Carey, everyone picks on her. :)

rdnelson99 said:
I would prefer a coral beauty over a flame angel or a kole tang. I would just hate to not have some nice coral. May post another one of these threads and see what other comments I get. Thanks Kio, I appreciate the input. (and, it may keep Carey off my back). LOL Poor Carey, everyone picks on her. :)

If u look at my profile pics, u will see the coral I have. Hasn't come close to touching them.

LOL I'm only picking out fish that are UNABLE to eat coral, since I'm a little bit paranoid :p

You and me both. LOL That is the bad part about being new. You don't know which rules can be bent and which ones are "Unbendable". LOL

Back
Top Bottom