blue green mushrooms dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charliegirl2u

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a rock full of baby blue green mushrooms at the 16th annual frag swap yesterday and the mushrooms are turning purple, are they dying? or do I have them too close or far away from the light? all of my water perimeters are dead on except the ammonia is just a tad high, doing a water change tomorrow. Anyone have any idea?

I would post this question in the saltwater reef aquaria forum. Im not sure anyone is going to see down here in the ohio regional forum, we havent had any action in this forum since i have been a member.

I'm no expert but i know most coral will change colors slightly based on the lights they are under. Some of the experts may have other opinions though. I wouldn't panic or anything yet.

There is nothing wrong with them turning purple. They change all the time. I think lighting has alot to do with it also. Here are mine. If you do have any ammonia in the tank it is bad. It could becoming from source water , overfeeding or something decaying. You need to find out where. Give us a few details about your tank like size, How much LR , Filtration, and what`s in the tank.

100_0699.jpg

100_0816.jpg

100_1358.jpg

The mushrooms changing color is not a big issue. Mine go through phases where they are darker purple and then lighten up.

The fact that you have any ammonia in your tank worries me more then anything. How long has your tank been set up? Give us a quick run down of your setup.

Back
Top Bottom