Blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up a baby blue hippo tang hea about 1" long wen I put him in the tank he went into hiding he's still not out of the rock yet at the Petstore he was swimming around any one kno how long it takes for then o get use too there new home an or should I be worried about its behavior ?

Ok thanx for the help I though he didn't like his new home how long after should he start eating ??

Give him a day or two. Have a variety of foods ready. Remember they are herbivores.

Yea I have algae sheets called nori an brim shrim flake foods an flake algae food aswell

all fish do that, and they would be skidish for a few weeks after, all mine when i would go near my tank would go into hiding, after abotu a month they are fine and when i walk by they come to the glass to say hey look at me, and when i got close to look they always coem to great me.

i feed abotu 15 new life spectrum pellets a day to a pair of clowns and a bi colored blenny at around 6 or 7 when i eat dinner, so they have a good routine and know when feeding is so coem that time they swim to the surface at the front to grab the food

It's been a week sinc I picked up that blue hippo an he's doin great no sings of stress or parasites I guess he's good I got him in a 36 gallon cuz he's about 1" long very small but hoping to move him in my 75 gallon in like a month or so also got a powder brown 3 days ago he seems good too

A 75 gallon is not an adequate home for either of those tangs ...
If you plan an upgrade to at least a 180 within a year then you'll be fine

Yea I will upgrade to a 210g about 2 years since there are still small the hippo is about 1" long an the powder brown is about 3 inches so I have enough time to upgrade

Back
Top Bottom