Blue hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello a site online has a good sale on blue hippos 2 1/2-3 1/2. I never did a order online i was wondering if ground shipping is okay for the fish and also when i get it should i put in a quarantined tank which i only have a 10 gallon or in my display and just keep a close eye on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello a site online has a good sale on blue hippos 2 1/2-3 1/2. I never did a order online i was wondering if ground shipping okau for the fish and also when i get it should i put in a quarantined tank which i only have a 10 gallon or in my display and just keep a close eye on it?

reputable vendors would never ship live stock via ground .
livestock is always shipped overnight by 12 O'clock

there is only one vendor I know of that would ship livestock via ground
and I wouldn't trust them with the air I breath.

all live stock should be quarantined for at-least 14 days
Tangs are known to have ick out breaks from stress from travel not something you want to introduce to your tank.

by the way what size tank do you have? as tangs require large tanks because they are almost always active

PM me if you want a list of reputable vendors you can trust , I do a lot of online purchases so I can point you in the right direction for livestock and coral

Last edited:
you can try nyaquatic or bluezoo Ive gotten fish from both and they guarantee the fish for 14 days

My blue tang is over 7” now. They grow fast and must have a properly sized aquarium. They are famous for stressing out and starting a ick infestation. But if conditions are met they are easy to raise.

All is well. Still having issues with the soft coral. It may be because of almost 30 pounds of one type of acro that is dominating.

Back
Top Bottom