Blue Hippo Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 2.5" Blue Hippo Tang. It is very happy and plump. But wow, I thought the 4" porcupine puffer that I used to have was a poop factory. Get a load of BHT's man. They POOP! I have a 2" maroon clown now and a 2.5" Blue Hippo Tang. Ive been running my setup for 1 year and 4 months now.

check this out though, here was my specimen back when I started (When I was still an excited newbie who knew nothing):

3 yellow tail damsels
1 porcupine puffer
1 red tail file fish
1 longhorn cowfish
1 white spotted puffer
1 picasso trigger
1 false percula
3 turbo snails
1 large hermit crab
1 feather duster

Wow!

Now I am down to two: Maroon clown and the Blue Hippo Tang. Last week, I just donated my only remaining original fish: a 3.5" plump, healthy, and beautiful Picaso Trigger. Heart Breaker. But he poops a lot so I had to let him go. Also, he's not reef safe for the most part. He nips at anything on the rock but algae.

Do you have a most dominating pooper in your tank? Share the load!! :D

No But I am a little to regular and my kid has been spit'n out firm brown nuggets. :oops:

Yes, my Hippo, which is about 4in long, craps a lot as well. It almost looks like seaweed. The fish go nuts over it to thinking it is food. lol

Mike

Back
Top Bottom