Blue Hippo Tang Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanger101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just yesterday I purchased a small (about 2") blue hippo tang. It looked healthy at the store and ate. I brought it home and after properly acclimating it I placed it in the tank. Since then he has only partially come out twice last night. Does any one know if this is normal behavior or am I in danger of losing him? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

Being skiddish in a new environment is common for tangs, especially if on the smaller size. It should become more adventurous as it becomes accustom with the new surroundings. As long as there are no other fish pestering it, the tang should be fine.

How are the tank specs?

Cheers
Steve

Welcome to AA!! Glad your are here. Your tang should be fine. It is normal for them to hide for a few days while they get used t the new enviornment. From the looks of your profile you have provided a very nice home for it. These fish are very prone to ick so make sure you keep and eye on him. I would soak your food in something like garlic extreme. This will boost the immune sysyem and stimulate appatite. Good luck and post some pics when you can. Lando

Back
Top Bottom