Blue LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is the Blue LED light {moon light} worth the added cost when buying a Power Compact Light Setup? It's only 10 bucks more but....will it make a noticable difference?

It gives a nice night time effect. I bought a HI lite LED light kit and love the look at night. For only $10 in this hobby thats a deal.

I think white looks better! The moon is'nt blue. Well some times :lol: But really the white looks good! I have a Current USA light and it has white. A friend of mine has blue and he likes mine better also???????IMO....... :wink:

this is a really stupid question. but are there some christmas lights ( ie. blue ones) which could work as DIY moon lights?

They work! Coralife also has a 3/4 watt moonlight that is only $16. Moonlights are worth it in my opinion. They make the tank look cool at night.

Yeah moonlights look awesome! I have my tank in my room and although it only has sand and water for the moment, I still have my lights on timers and love when the moonlights come on. They look good and even have a shimmering effect due to the agitation on the surface of the water. Get some, you won't regret it.

Anyone got a pic of the white moonlights? Mine are blue and I'm curious to see what the whites look like.

I agree in this hobby $16 or $10 moonlights should be the least of your financial worrys. I have white leds and I like them much better than the blue ones not to mention like 8965 stated with a little imagination you can surely make moonlights with something found in your home.

8965 there is no such thing as a stupid question. It may be stupid to you but to others it is an important issue. The only thing when using lights found in your home (x-mas) are the suited to be used on a SW tank? Why go cheap I would spend the extra $10 and get something made to be used on a SW tank. This way no worries about electrical problems.
Also some of the LED's lights are different light spectrums and they make your corals glow at night. My LEDs do not do this but my friends do giving a nice black light effect to the corals.

Also, x-mas lights burn out pretty fast. LED's are designed to run 24/7/365 for several years before they burn out.

sorry seaham. it's an important issue for me as well. maybe i should have used the word "odd", in place of "stupid"

The only thing with xmas light is they wont penatrate the water as well as LED! LED will shine all the way to the bottom

the way I figure it, If I am going to spend hundreds of dollars on lights, You Bet I am going to get some moonlighting in there!!!

Back
Top Bottom