Blue Legged Hermit Crab & Skunk Clearn Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deepbluesea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Does anyone know if the blue legged hermit crab is compatible with the skunk cleaner shrimp?[/b]

Do you have blue legged hermit crabs and if so, do they kill each other for the shell if there aren't enough available?

I'm not sure if this is correct, but hopefully you will get my reply.

Do you have blue legged hermit crabs and if so, do they kill each other for the shell if there aren't enough available?

i have had blue hermits and a skunk cleaner shrimp for quite some time and no they wont killeachother...no the hermits wont kill eachother either...but they might kill your snails if u have any if u dont have extra shells in the tank...u can get extra shells at walmart for like 1.50...just boil them before u put them in the tank

I have 6 blue hermits and 2 cleaners for the last 10 months. No problems, in fact my cleaners will crawl over the hermits to get to the food 8O . No worries.

green hair algae

I have this huge green hair algae bloom in my tank. I've attached a picture. I heard blue hermits will eat the algae or a lawnmower benny. Do you have any other suggestions on how I can keep this under control?

My hermits pick at algae a little, but barely put a dent in it. I have a blenny in qt right now, so I will let you know in a couple of weeks. That is why I got him, that is what they do.
Emerald crabs work on the algae a bit better than hermits IMO.

Very big tank

Hi there. I noticed you have 210 gallon tank. Wow! How long have you had it and have all your inverts, coral, fish lived in it without any problems?

Cindy

Its been up for almost 11 months. Not without problems however. I have had to treat the fish 2 times for parasite. No problems with the inverts. Most of them (except for snails) have been with me from near the beginning.
No corals as of yet, need to upgrade my lighting. Mega bucks.
Thanks for asking. :)

Deepwater Reef Tank

Have you ever heard of "deepwater reef tank"? I read an article by Thomas Giovanetti that is quite interesting. If you have a 75 gallon tank use 40 watts of fluorescent light. Temperatures are a little cooler 72 to 76 fahrenheit. Still need good filteration with strong current (trickle filter & protein skimmer). Generally same setup as normal saltwater tank.

Supposedly a deepwater reef tank is more colorful with yellows, greens, purples, and oranges. It has no algae.

Some species are: stony corals, sponges, soft corals, polyps, feather starfish, and anemones.

Some of the fish: basslets, blennies, gobies, mandarin dragonets, jawfish, damsels, angels, anthias, and wrasses.

If you want to know the specific names, let me know. A good site to check things out (pictures too) is www.liveaquaria.com

I know that was a lot of information. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom