blue linkia star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do your research on them if you expect any chance of it living. A bunch of random info that i learned after buying one for my old reef tank (and it lived about two weeks)...

They are extremely sensitive. You need to find a healthy one (most will not be at a LFS). Never buy one shipped, as there is just too much that can go wrong with temp and/or parameter fluctuations. You need to match your parameters almost exactly to where it came from, as they are ultra sensitive to even small variations. You need a very established tank with lots of growth or it will starve. They are beautiful, but most people can not keep them alive.

i got him in a well established 90 rr with sump macro and pods galore lol my mandarin is doing great and i thought for sure i couldnt keep one thanks for the info i got a meaty mix that was recommended i put it litteraly underneath him i love the look of this thing picked him up for 10 bucks ah well wish me luck

survival past 6 months is extremely low, if you have to ask how to keep it, your chances are even slimmer. People who have been able to keep them have dedicated set ups for them, I would take it back.

They can not be exposed to air. Most LFS dont know this.

Correct. It is one of the potential hazards of buying one online. You dont know who has done what with it. If buying from a LFS, I would make sure its been there a while and looks healthy after a couple weeks.

If I recall correctly, there was also something about them being prone to some kind of parasite. Don't recall specifics, but am sure an online search would get you that info.

yeah i got him right from there distributor he wasnt even out of the bag yet and i bought him im not to to worried though because if i lose him i only spent ten bucks on him and i will now know more about them to help other people with their endeavour thanks to every one for the help i appreciate it

i agree 100% but you do not know what exactly your capable of doing until it has been attempted just because other people have had no luck i would like to think that maybe mine is just a little better and he will do just fine im trying and it is called a learning experience I DONT "WANT TO KILL OCEAN ANIMALS" so go join the tang police because all i asked for was a little incite its not the end of the world relax killer

Back
Top Bottom