Blue (not blue-green) Reef Chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These:

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=113

look really bright blue and pretty. Are they very different fron the blue-green reef chromis? They apparently get bigger (up to 5 inches?)

Has anyone kept these? I only recall people discussing the blue-greens, which I have, and love. I'm assuming they have the temperament of the blue-greens, not of their cousins, all those evil damsels.

Do the blue and the blue-greens get along? Thanks!!

Diane

They've been on my wishlist for quite some time. (Have not put saltwater tank together for cost reasons, but I have a parts list and stocking list all picked out.)

They are reportedly peaceful, not like the damsels.

That's a lot of the fun, dskidmore, planning for the future!

Is it just very quiet here the first of the week, or has no one ever tried this fish? :)

Input needed!

I have never seen them sold here in Australia, so i cant coment i also have the blue green chromies, they are everywhere here but not blues, would also love a few of these myself.

OK, I'm about to order a few of these, and hopefully they'll get along with my blue-greens. If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Thanks, Diane

My lfs guy told me they are less hardy than the green chromis. He said when he gets them in they often stress and die. Just his experience, but he is a very experienced.

i have 1

i bought 2 at my LFS but my hawkfish (now gone) almost ate 1. 1 is still living and gets bullied around by my clownfish and my sailfin tang. I went looking for more but there went any. I did see some jewel damsels which ive never seen before, but i cant have any more fish in my tank. They were awsome tho :cry:

Back
Top Bottom