Blue or black boxfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big baga

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had an obsession with these fish for the longest time.I just wanted to know if anyone has owned one for longer than 2 months.What did you feed him with and that kind of stuff.I have tried 2 blacks and 1 blue.The black ones did not last more than two weeks.The blue one died in a month.My freind also had one for 2 months and then just dropped dead.I have always kept these fish by themselves so they dont stress out and gass the tank.Just could not get them going in my tanks.So I just wanted to see if anyone has had anyluck.

I have never owned one. What are you water parameters/what, how often do you feed and how do you acclimate them. Looks like thes little guys migh be good in seahorse tank...maybe...

Well I usualy put them in a tank that has nothing in it.Has not had anything in it for atleast 2 months so there is no nitrate or amonia.The temp is ussualy 77.I have got a method I use from live aquaria for acclimating them.Food I usualy feed 3 times a day and remove food that is not eaten.I ussualy cant get them to eat.Ive tried mysis,brine,krill,shrimp,clam,cyclopeeze,algae sheets,I have even tried bloodworms as I read they will eat those at the begining and them slowly switch them over.I even put tubeworms and sponge in with them cause they are suppose to eat that kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom