Blue sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anybody put blue sand in a sw tank? My nano has black and white mix and i love it but wondering about blue or a white and blue mix.

Sniperhank said:
I've never seen blue...that doesn't seem very natural. The blacks and pinks that sand comes in are natural on the other hand.

So blue would throw off the natural balance? Make the fish goofy or somethin?

i had black and blue sand mixed in my tank for about a year. It looked cool at first, but the got dirty looking. I am now in the process of changing over to white sand. I would imagine white and blue sand wouldnt appear as dirty. The color of the sand does not have any affect on your tank.

Notafan21 said:
i had black and blue sand mixed in my tank for about a year. It looked cool at first, but the got dirty looking. I am now in the process of changing over to white sand. I would imagine white and blue sand wouldnt appear as dirty. The color of the sand does not have any affect on your tank.

I didnt think it would but who knows. Im really curious about blue and whit but i dont wanna shell out $50 for sand to realize i dont like it. Maybe ill just stick to black and white. I KNOW that looks good. Lol

ForumRunner_20120324_071943.jpg

mr_X said:
The colored sand is not aragonite based sand and will not buffer the PH.

Ive had my nano going goer a couple months withe the black and white sand and everything is ok. It says on the bags marine safe

Thartsockpg said:
Ok well if you were not setting a new tank up could you add sand to a established aquarium

The way im gonna do it is, add 40 lbs of new sand to new tank and water. Syphon out water from the ten gal to hold fish. Add old sand and the rest of the water to new tank. Let it settle and add rest of the old water and fish.

Back
Top Bottom