Blue Snowflake Polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveMc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Need some advice on this coral. Currently I have it close to the sand bed sitting on a piece of my live rock in a 10g nano. Now it is just a frag but it seems it isn't opening up as much as it was. Would it be a good idea to move it further up the rock scape and closer to the light?

Last edited:
Mine is covering my return nozzles, so I think they like flow, lol

Haha...mine still hasn't open back up. Maybe try moving it mid way down this time and see what happens.

Have you checked your alkalinity? Mine honestly don't care where they're. And they're literally in all types of flow and light.

Mine took about a week to open up and now it grows fast and it don't mind where it's put.

Thanks everyone. I have tried moving them down now instead of so close to the light. They are still getting flow so that shouldn't be a problem. I am just worried that the frag was so small that they may not make it. Even when they were open the the one time they were so hard to see.

Have you checked your alkalinity? Mine honestly don't care where they're. And they're literally in all types of flow and light.

No I haven't. Wish I had seen this before I left the LFS, would have picked up a Alk test while I was there. :(

Mine was the same. It had about 5-10 polyps on and you couldn't really see them and now about 3 months later it has maybe 200 polyps. It grows fast

Mine was the same. It had about 5-10 polyps on and you couldn't really see them and now about 3 months later it has maybe 200 polyps. It grows fast

Hopefully this is what will happen. I love the way they look and hope it is ok. My others are doing great so far. And I never knew that candy canes open up even more when the lights are out and show their tentacles. I was shocked lol.

Yeah I was pretty amazed when I first see that. You can try feeding them when they do that and watch them grab it.

Yeah I was pretty amazed when I first see that. You can try feeding them when they do that and watch them grab it.

Will give that a try next time i do the Marine Snow :)

You don't need to feed snowflake polyps. They will spread fast on their own and you'll avoid adding unnecessary phosphates into your water column.

Good to know, thanks Sniperhank :)

Let me snap a pic of the locations of mine and then you'll be praying they don't grow haha

I was referring to feeding the candy cane you mentioned rather than the blue snowflake polyps. Even then I only target feed on occasions

Back
Top Bottom