blue spectrum light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think your money would be better spent on upgrading to a new fixture that has both daylight and actinic bulbs. If you are running a NO florescent light it will not be sufficient enough to house corals.

lando said:
I think your money would be better spent on upgrading to a new fixture that has both daylight and actinic bulbs. If you are running a NO florescent light it will not be sufficient enough to house corals.
oh I do have a better light fixture(s) (95 watts of CF, one daylight/actinic and one just daylight) , this will just be for added affects :D

IMO it will not do anything for your tank. If you had a VHO system and use high watt bulbs it would help for added effects but not that low watt bulb.

melosu58 said:
IMO it will not do anything for your tank. If you had a VHO system and use high watt bulbs it would help for added effects but not that low watt bulb.
ok, darn...that stink cause I like the flourecent colors some of the corals get under the blue light :roll: oh well!

I mean it might look pretty under there, dont get me wrong. But it will not do much for the corals.

I'm confused.

You say you're already running a 96W unit with one daylight/actinic bulb and one pure daylight bulb... correct? So you're already running a blue (actinic) bulb, although it's just one half of the bulb. Why not just change out your daylight/actinic bulb to just actinic, so you're running one blue bulb and one white bulb?

That's what I'm running in my 196W unit - 1/2 the bulb wattage is actinic, the other 1/2 is 10k. Everything seems happy, although at this point it's only some zoanthids and a plate coral.

I agree with Kurt and was going to ask the same question. Just get rid of the 50/50 and make it a actinic. while you are at it go on and get a new 10k too.

Ohhh... I get it now. You've just added this Current/SmartPaq unit to your existing single bulb strip that probably came with the tank. I was thinking you had a light strip that had two separate bulbs, each with equal wattage.

Sounds like you've done about the most you can do with what you've got. Sorry for the confusion!

Back
Top Bottom