Blue Spiney Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fischerman45

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever kept one in a reef tank? I was thinking about getting one but after doing some research I'm not sure
One site says reef Safe the next says they aren't.. Advice is appreciated!

I dont have that one but I do have This one. The only thing I would warn you about is that these reef lobsters are rarely seen. I have 200 lbs of rock in my tank and have seen mine 6 times in 8 years. If you are getting it to be seen you might be disapointed.

I had to get up early in the morning to get this pic.

100_1948.jpg

melosu58 said:
I dont have that one but I do have This one. The only thing I would warn you about is that these reef lobsters are rarely seen. I have 200 lbs of rock in my tank and have seen mine 6 times in 8 years. If you are getting it to be seen you might be disapointed.

I agree,I had one in my 46 gallon and had to get a flashlight and look at night to even get a glimpse of him.

I was told it would be a big risk for a blue in a reef tank. They look neat, but if I won't see them and everything nit sure they're worth it.

Just thought I would throw this out there, I got one of the purple ones that Melosu showed you and it was in my 40 gallon with my 1 small sebae clownfish and lawnmower blenny. The lobster would always go into what seemed like attack or defensive mode with his claws out whenever the clownfish come by. I only had him for one day but he tried multiple times to try and pinch the clown.
I returned him right away just because if he was gonna be a problem and nip my fish's fins then I didn't want him. Also, he never got the clown because he was too quick but he was definitely trying and who knows what would have eventually happened. I would recommend against them :T, im gonna use my store credit and get an ACTUAL peaceful shrimp instead of trusting the LFS

Back
Top Bottom