Blue spotted jaw fish and...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budaman

Aquarium Advice Regular
CAn you have a jaw fish and sand goby in the same 30 gal reef?

CAn you have a jaw fish and sand goby in the same 30 gal reef?
You can try a twin spot goby (signal goby) with the jaw fish. Definitely not a diamond goby. Jawfish and a smaller shrimp goby is a safer bet. However, if you really want a sand sifting goby it may be worth a try. If I were you I would do blue dot jaw fish and yasha goby/pistol combo. Good luck.

I wouldn't do a twin spot it will probably starve. Stick with one of the shrimp gobies and you should be fine with the jawfish. Also, make sure you have a top with 0 openings :)

Thanks guys... What, in your opinion would work with a diamond goby?

You can still try a jawfish. My concern is diamond gobies get so huge. I have seen some really large ones at my LFS that in my opinion need a 3ft tank minimum. However, you can try a small one and see how it goes. You can get a small one for under $20. One thing for sure is you are going to have some serious sandstorms in your tank between those two fish. Haha. I should mention that I considered a diamond goby for my 3ft 40 gallon and talked to an LFS employee. His concern was that diamond goby could damage some of the corals on the sand bed by dumping sand on them. I would start with a blue dot jawfish because it is a really cool and pretty fish...worth every penny. It offers so much more coloration than a diamond goby. Then you can build around it. It's like having a star player on a sports team and building around. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom