Blue spotted jawfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm currently pondering possible options for my 180. I have a glass canopy lid already because the plan is to have a flasher wrasse harem. Since this is already in place thought I may also be able to do a couple blue spotted jawfish. I thought I read somewhere they need to be fed like 3xs a day though. Now I can't seem to find the information. Can anyone confirm or deny this. Thx.

Maybe I'll go with just one then. Do you think they would fight much with Gobies or other types of jawfish?

Of similar shape then I'd say yeah, but if they look different and are shaped different I think you'd be okay

Today I happened to be driving through a town on my way home that has a great LFS I have used in the past. When I went in they actually had a bluespot jawfish. He was so cute I couldn't resist.

Thanks for the advise on feeding guys I'm glad I could feel confident in my ability to make this guy happy.

He's pretty much been in hiding since I put him in. I've seen him poke his head out, but not been able to get a good pics because it's so shadowy.

So he has already jumped into the overflow bin area. Any suggestions on the best way to get him out?

That's my plan. Have to run and get a smaller one here in a few minutes. Mine is too big. I figured someone would chime in with that answer. Lol

Aren't they picky about the type of sand they live in? I had some jaw fish with a aragonite sand bottom, and they didn't do very well over the long term.

I'm not too sure about the sand question. Never read that in any of my research. Finally got a couple of decent pictures of the guy lounging in my giant cap mushroom.

Attachments

• image-1874179322.jpg
    image-1874179322.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1479877933.jpg
    image-1479877933.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom