Blue spotted stingray?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know I cant get a stingray in my tank cause it will probaby get killed (unless I have weird fish :) ) But I have seen tank sizes from 75g (i know too small) to 500g, so what is it really? Any owners will help a lot, cause they REALLY know :). Thanks for the help!

I don't have one but check out bluezooaquatics.com they sell stingrays and they tell you what they need for tank size, feeding, etc.

they need a massive amount of sand bed space. you need a giant footprint to keep them happy. they also sit under the sand bed 99% of the time, so you aren't going to see them unless you toss some food in.

Stingrays feed on shellfish like shrimp and also will eat small fish like silversides.

A single ray would need a 500g that is long/wide vs. tall and 1000g+ for two for comfortability (the more room the merrier). Shrimp, marine fish, crab meat, and squid usually suffice. Be aware they are picky eaters when juvenile and can be enticed by live blackworms or earthworms, but they may need to be force-fed to keep from emaciation. I would also highly recommend deworming.

Back
Top Bottom