blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Preferably a 180g but a 6 foot tank will do ok as well. I just got my first blue tang and I only have a 125g BUT its six feet long. I'm bending the rules a bit but hope he will be fine.

If it was me I would have at least a 125 gallon tank (6 ft tank). They need plenty of swimming space.

carey i don't see a problem in your system, i've said it in other threads before but if you think about it a standard 180g only has 2 inches of extra height and 6 inches more from front to back over a 6foot 125. just hope you end up with one that won't get to its max 18" size and you'll be fine. most will grow to about 12" in a home aquarium anyways

Yeah Leo, I think I worry too much. LOL He;s really not that big now so I have time to rethink an upgrade in the far future. I;m more worried about the yellow tang bullying him as he has a good inch on the blue tang. The blue tang is STILL hanging out near the skimmer output too. Not sure if he likes the flow but theres a powerhead 750 koralia in there to play in so I dont know what his issue is. Maybe just shy I'm hoping

Back
Top Bottom