Blue Tang Scared Of the Dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey people.

So ive had a blue tang for a while now, About 4-5 months. He/Her is doing really well, Only problem is. Lights go out, So i turn the LED moonlights on, Kinda like 2 spotlights over the tank. It doesnt light the whole tank up, Just 2 sections, And when i have them on, He stays in his cave and sleeps. If i have them off, Its like his lost.. He swims on the surface of the water and splashes about. And if he wakes me during the night, Ill turn them on and he goes into his cave.

His a funny little fish. But just curious whats causing this? Or its just him? All the other fish sleep if its on or off.

Thanks.

Case for Dr. Phil if you ask me. :)

Likely some traumatic experience in his infancy in the ocean. :)

That is a curious habit, even for a hippo. I think they're wierd anyway. Never had one though.

Not sure. Mine can be kind of special, in the olympics kind of way, sometimes. It will do really odd things for no apparent reason. Mine only goes into it's little hole when it's dark or when it's scared....or just because....or it ate too much...or it ate too little.

I have a Hippo Tang and I find he is spooked really easily....... to the point where he lept out the tank and spent 20mins in behind the sump where i was frantically trying to get behind (I was never going to move a 8ft tank and 6ft sump) ........he now goes to his hole whenever someone moves to quick to the tank apart from me he will come to the front as i am the one who mainly gives the food i suppose................ as soon as the lights are off he is away and stays there till they are back on.............. if there is any splashing it's him but only when the lights are on...........maybe its just them being strange.

Egg crate over the top of the tank and a couple weeks of remedial training with all lights out at bedtime. Either that or place the moon lights on a timer. Sounds like the fish has you trained pretty well at this point ; )

Haha, I know. Well usaully when the lights go out, I put the two moonlights on and go to sleep, Then when i wake up in the morning for work, I turn them off. So the MH go on @ 1pm - 8pm, Then moonlights 8pm - 6:30am, Then no light 6:30am - 1pm. Seems to be ok with everything.

Dori's a nut anyway.
img_1058287_0_93c29b0fc06ffbf45c78df732026c240.gif

Back
Top Bottom