Blue Throat Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone had any experience with a Blue Throat. I read they are less agressive and am thinking about it down the road with a couple of clowns and chromis, and maybe another small or medium fish. Would that work in a pretty peaceful aquarium? Any good or bad things to say about this fish???

Welcome to aquarium advice! I do not have any experience with Blue Throat triggers, just wanted to say hello. :)

Blue thoats are a good choice for a less agrressive trigger. You can also look into Crosshatch, Pinktail, Niger and Sargassum. They are much the same tempermant.

Small fish (>2") will always be a concern with any trigger so watch the size of the fish you get. To be safe, introducing the trigger last would be best. It will become used to you feeding it and after awhile anything that comes from you will be considered "dinner"

I have also found that feeding via "feeding stick" is best with these guys as they are very messy eater. It will cut down on the excess wasted foods and help keep water parameters in good shape.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom