Blue Tort Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen a beautiful blue tort coral that I'd like to get but I'm not able to find out any information (lighting requirements etc). I've done a web search but I'm not finding anything too detailed. Does anyone here know about them or possibly have one?

Thanks!!

Try searching for Acropora tortusoa. Blue tort is just a common name for that.

They are sps and this an acro, which are pretty tough to keep without high light/flow, etc. I forget what kind of lighting you have?

With HO-T5 or Metal Halide you should be fine.

HTH :)

Devilishturtles said:
Try searching for Acropora tortusoa. Blue tort is just a common name for that.

They are sps and this an acro, which are pretty tough to keep without high light/flow, etc. I forget what kind of lighting you have?

With HO-T5 or Metal Halide you should be fine.

HTH :)

NUTS!! Guess that answers that.....I have cf lighting (about 3+ wpg). Oh Santa better get on the stick and get me that mh fixture I want.

If you go to ORAfarm.com you can find your blue tort. Lindsay is right they do need high lighting and moderate to high flow. Acros are not as forgiving to poor water conditions so you need to have an established tank before adding them. Get that order in for Santa!

ok fine (I want upgraded lighting right now!) - I ended up getting a very nice blue clove coral AND a beautiful derasa clam. They are both still in the bucket doing the drip thing. I'll post the pictures when I finally get them in the tank.

Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom