Blue velvet damsel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mak1969

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was window shopping at lfs and fell in love with a blue velvet damsel. Does anyone know about this guy. Will he get along with my 4 striped damsel? I just switched tanks from a 20 gal to a 29 gal so I have to wait 2 weeks before I get him. I was also looking at a twin spot goby.

I have a tank with only Damsels in it. Just like the guys seems most people don't. the 3 velvets that I have in the tank have been doing ok with all the other damsels. this group has 2, of the striped damsels, yellow tails, blue, and domino.

Be careful when adding the new damsel. They are very territorial and he will have to fall into the pecking order. After the break in they all should get along pretty well. 0X

How do you be careful adding him in other than watching closely to make sure they don't hurt each other. There should be plenty of territories for the both unless my 4 stripe thinks he owns the whole tank. Ha Ha

Move some of your LR, that will break up the territories. I have a Blue Devil and he like to dig under everything...

Back
Top Bottom