I have been trying to control my mushroom corals for a very long time now and have learned some pretty "brutal" ways in trying to control or if needed, kill them. I was at my LFS
yesterday talking to one of the employees there and theny mentioned that I could either put the rock with the mushrooms in boiling water for a few minutes or freeze it overnight to killl them. Of course I would be killing everything else on the rock (bacteria, coraline, etc.). Has anyone tried this for other reasons (maybe algae control)? If so, how well did it work? Did it discolor (bleach out) the rock afterwards?