boiling water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyhong7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a question, instead of setting up a ro/di system or buying distilled water how about boiling the water?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

if ya boil the water and catch the steam that would be the best water ya could make !! but thats way to hard and takes alot of time !! also the cost of gas or electric would out weigh the cost of an ro/di unit !!

how about boiling the water?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Boiling the water will only increase the concentration of the things you want to filter out and make it hot. As the steam leaves the pot, there is less water volume, but the contaminants do not leave with the steam. Also, you increase the chance of adding heavy metals from the pot to your aquarium.

Thank you guys, cleared everything up. Now I am really going to get a ro/di system.
Could anyone tell me which brand is good and cheap.

There are several on eBay. Also check the sponsor links fromt he top of the home page (AquaFx).

I got a Typhoon III from airwaterice.com with the faucet adapter.

I have two units from aquasafe canada (found on ebay), they have done quite a nice job for me and I havent found better prices anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom