Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Both of these aiptasia?

Are both of these aiptasia or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmpphpSPXGvz.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	27860  

Old 02-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

It looks like aiptasia to me. Kill them while there are only two, they get out of hand very quickly. I use aiptasia x, it seems to work.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi there yip they sure are freind go and get your self some lemon shrimp from your lfs before they get to big if they get to big they release spores and spread al over i have them also the shrimp wil gourg on them if they are amall enough just make sure that the shrimp are true lemon's tgere are 4 species of them the true one's have what looks like a white coat hope this helps ........

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would not buy an animal to deal with them. There are quite a few different ones that "can" eat aiptasia, but that does not mean that they will. Buying something that you don't really like or want is never a good idea. I have done it and regret it. Aiptasia x is what I use, just make sure you follow the instructions. I have heard good things about kalkwaser paste also. Don't try to remove them manually they will break up and spread all over the place. And try to deal with them sooner rather than later so they don't multiply. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosnail
I would not buy an animal to deal with them. There are quite a few different ones that "can" eat aiptasia, but that does not mean that they will. Buying something that you don't really like or want is never a good idea. I have done it and regret it. Aiptasia x is what I use, just make sure you follow the instructions. I have heard good things about kalkwaser paste also. Don't try to remove them manually they will break up and spread all over the place. And try to deal with them sooner rather than later so they don't multiply. Good luck.
I dont like putting chemical's in my tank i try and keep it naturaul as possible the lemon's work for me i have heard reports about the aptasis x it can kill other surrunding corals but if it works dont fix it good luck .....

Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I turn off the flow in the tank when I use aiptasia x, it becomes harmless in a few minutes after that I turn the flow back on. I have had no damage to surrounding corals, After I turn the flow back on my anemones will grab some of the inert aiptasia x and eat it, they have no damage either. Also I have seen my fish eat it and they have no adverse effects. I an not saying that the shrimp don't work, you just can't ever tell what an animal will or will not feel like eating. Just my 2Ę
Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also where can I read about a lemon shrimp? Everything I found was about cooking shrimp in lemon juice lol. I have never heard of one and cannot find anything on google. Do you mean peppermint shrimp?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is the kaltweiser paste any good i know of calcium liquid you can inject them with but when u you go near them they go into them self's they are frustrating lol .....

Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have not tried it. Thats a really cool thing about the aiptasia x, they seem to love it then when they eat it it is a different story lol.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosnail
I have not tried it. Thats a really cool thing about the aiptasia x, they seem to love it then when they eat it it is a different story lol.
So this aptasia x do u just set a bit on ther mouth as such and they take it in would that be rite or it it a liquid based chemical ....?

Tags
aiptasia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com