Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Which style tank do you prefer?
Bowfront 4 16.00%
Standard 21 84.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Feron Send a message via Yahoo to Feron
Had to vote standard.
I have a 90g standard and a 90g bowfront.
I really like the way the bowfront looks (and yes there is some visual distortion at angles, especially really close to the glass).
They are WAY taller then a standard.. even at 6'1" it's a stretch to reach the bottom of the tank on the oceanic stand (all glass oceanic...whatever....)
It is more difficult to clean - heighth lends to stretching, those magfloat scrapper dealies don't get good magnetic attraction.
Placement of items gets a bit odd too... what looks about right from above may appear way too close to the glass and vice versa. Normal for water I know, but especially more apparent in a bow front.

Anyhow... gl with the purchase.. I know a 175g bow would look awesome...just be sure to get one of those ladder/scaffolding systems to work on it

Feron is offline   Reply With Quote

bowfront, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search