Box Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kilmory

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok think I may have made a silly mistake.

I had what I thought was a peacefull aquarium so decided to buy the Box Fish my heart has been desiring for ages. Now my yellow goby is constantly attacking the box fish.
I have heard horror stories of box fish wiping out whole tanks os I am after some advice please!

If you are having some aggression issues try cutting the lights out for a few hours and maybe even moving some of the LR around. This has helped me and others before. If not someone might have to go. BTW welcome to AA

The Box Fish is a juvenile yellow box, about 1". The tank is 120L, it is the Red Sea Max.

You could try "net the bully". Where you become the bully by chasing the aggressor with a net. Put him in his place. Or put the goby in a holding tank for a day or two.

If you are talking about a Lactoria cornuta, they can get close to 2 feet and a 30G is not enough real estate for that animal. It could be being bullied because of the smaller tank and the goby has already decided what area is his.
Also, if the box fish does get stressed/dies by the bully, you may lose both of your critters.

Back
Top Bottom