Boycott Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
freshwater to saltwater on the spur of the moment?
I want to know where this came up in the show? There was no mention on switching from FW to SW. They setup a minibow from the ground up SW..

There is no mistaking any way you look at it, that they were incomplete and lying to the masses about setting up a tank. IMO it was bad info from a respected vendor and network.

The same holds true for our LFS's that tell us bogus info to make a sale.

What he meant by the FW to SW is.... The whole setup revolved on the principles of FW, even the CBS ladies script. It was obvious. All they did was add salt and use diff. Fish. Think about it, they used gravel, plants and most of their comments were gestured towards the FW setup. They changed it due to the Finding Nemo craze. I agree with aaron.

Ok, I see the point, still bad info from now bad people...because of them, a lot of fish are going to perish.. :x

IMO it was bad info from a respected vendor and network.

Well....I suppose that depends on who you are...I haven't respected Tetra for along time and the only use I have for CBS is Survivor on Thursday nights, LOL, but I agree.

Yep, its
bollocks.gif

feel the information conveyed was wrong and they should have given more about how to get additional information by looking on the internet or at their local aquarium store. I do not feel strong enough to boycott a company.

I understand your opinion, as for me, I am that much MORE offended by the fact that an industry giant would put so little effort into the program if a FW to SW switch is indeed the case. As for a boycott, my site is collecting both personal boycotts and general complaints. My own, and most people signing, are not even considering a permanent boycott. We are asking Tetra to step up and be responsible, apologize for the misinformation, and rectify the situation by either detailing better info (heck, I can give proper basics in 4 min.) or providing better resources than themselves that can.

Back
Top Bottom