Brand new marine fish guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gallo2k

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I'm brand new to keeping marine fish, I've been keeping africans for years. I started what is going to be a small reef tank, but now I'm thinking of converting my 110gal (48x18x30) to a FO tank. would this be an ok tank to use for triggers and that type of fish? if so what would you recommend? also will have I have a problem with lighting being the tank is high? thanks in advance.

Place a lionfish,eel,trigger etc, but make sure they are all the same size! You shouldn't have any problem if your lights are that high as long you have enough light to light up your tank.

Good Luck!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

I recommend reading a lot before jumping in to it...As far as lighting is concerned, if there are to be no invertebates other than the clean up crew type, then the norm flourescents may be ok...

timbo2 said:
Welcome to Aquarium Advice!

I recommend reading a lot before jumping in to it...As far as lighting is concerned, if there are to be no invertebates other than the clean up crew type, then the norm flourescents may be ok...

Agreed. I have the same exact tank and I used just a double flo light that was under $100 and it looked ok until I decided to start buying some corals now I have 2x250mh w/ some t5 actinics on the way and I love it!

Back
Top Bottom