Brauney: New Biocube 29 Gallon SW Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, trying to decipher my buddy Convicts reply, bare with me.

Lunar LEDS on from 11pm to 5am.
Blues WHEN?
Cool Whites WHEN?
The Cool White LED only goes on if the other LUNAR LEDS are on, so that is my confusion.

Blues ONLY from 5am to 10am
Cool Whites ONLY from 10am to 11pm

Ok bare with me....

Blues at 9am
All your whites at 11am and of at 8pm
Blues off at 9pm
Lunars rest of the time you can also **** the lunars down at say 3-4am you'll be seeping (maybe lol) and it will give the tank some total darkness.

Ok bare with me....

Blues at 9am
All your whites at 11am and of at 8pm
Blues off at 9pm
Lunars rest of the time you can also **** the lunars down at say 3-4am you'll be seeping (maybe lol) and it will give the tank some total darkness.

Ok I am understanding more now.

Just need to know if LED LUNARS are on 24/7 like others say. I have the LED Cool White, but it will only go on when the 2 LED LUNARS ARE ON. That is what is confusing me.

Ok I am understanding more now.

Just need to know if LED LUNARS are on 24/7 like others say. I have the LED Cool White, but it will only go on when the 2 LED LUNARS ARE ON. That is what is confusing me.

No lunars go on when all other lights are off. The cool white you don't want on with the the lunars. So it's confusing me but what it sounds like is they are tied in together.

Options.

Return the cool white and run:

Daylight
Actinic
Lunar

When lunars are on that's all you want on. Make sense? So Tahoe cool whites being on defeat the purpose of "moonlights" and will make it almost daylight 24/7

Let me ask you this. Can you turn off the cool whites BUT still have lunars on? Of so then just power everything up and at night just the lunars will remain on.

Let me ask you this. Can you turn off the cool whites BUT still have lunars on? Of so then just power everything up and at night just the lunars will remain on.

Yes in the thread I discuss what each button does, I have 4 on this canopy.

Button 1 = ONE LUNAR LED ONLY
Button 2 = BOTH LUNAR LEDS and COOL WHITE LED (only will work if button 1 is on, if Button 1 is off, and I press Button 2 on, nothing goes on.
Button 3 = ACTINIC BLUE FLUORESCENT
Button 4 = DAYLIGHT WHITE

Yes in the thread I discuss what each button does, I have 4 on this canopy.

Button 1 = BOTH LUNAR LEDS ONLY
Button 2 = BOTH LUNAR LEDS and COOL WHITE LED (only will work if button 1 is on, if Button 1 is off, and I press Button 2 on, nothing goes on.
Button 3 = ACTINIC BLUE FLUORESCENT
Button 4 = DAYLIGHT WHITE

Ok so a timer wouldn't work then because once the cool whites go off your lunars will also. And 1 needs to be on for 2 to work. Kinda a weird setup of you wanted timers for all lights. Only thing is axe the cool whites. Then problem solved for now anyway... See I have the AI SOL BLUE LED fixture.

It goes through a whole daytime/nighttime cycle. It slowly ramps up and then from noon it will slowly ramp down.

Give the company a call maybe they have some suggestions that were missing

Yeah will figure this out today, I guess I was wrong in interpreting the lighting. Only the LUNAR (1) LED goes on with button one. ALL LEDS go on with Button TWO. I wonder if they are in the wrong slots.

Yeah will figure this out today, I guess I was wrong in interpreting the lighting. Only the LUNAR (1) LED goes on with button one. ALL LEDS go on with Button TWO. I wonder if they are in the wrong slots.

They could very well be in the wrong slots.

But there are no directions as to what slots work what? I wonder if Left is LUNAR and RIGHT is COOL WHITES

I did, they said that is how it is designed. I laughed at them.

Yes really, now just got off the phone with another guy who said he had no clue and he would check with the lab to check on it. He thought they would work independent. At this point, I wonder if I should start thinking about a modification. Seems to be a large undertaking. I want to get a small coral or mushroom this weekend to get this tank looking great.

From The Company. Definitely not how mine works.

Led 1 controls the SINGLE led bar in the center. This is most commonly used as the moonlight led bar.

LED 2 button will control the 4 remaining slots—you do not have individual control of the 4 spaces.

For power to go to the 4 additional bars- LED 1 does need to be in the ON position.

LuAnn

From The Company. Definitely not how mine works.

Led 1 controls the SINGLE led bar in the center. This is most commonly used as the moonlight led bar.

LED 2 button will control the 4 remaining slots—you do not have individual control of the 4 spaces.

For power to go to the 4 additional bars- LED 1 does need to be in the ON position.

LuAnn

That's ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom