Brauney: New Biocube 29 Gallon SW Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is probably the worst drawing I've ever done lol. But I'm trying here lol.

View attachment 154699

Just for this stupid app for the iPhone just for you. You should be honored cause I almost threw my iPhone out the window lol.

Stock intake up and angle as far right as you can. Now the power head. Up high and pointed upwards to create surface agitation and directed towards the front middle of the tank.

Hope this helps. If not I'm short of coming there and just doing it myself lol.

This drawing made my day, love it. Stock intake is the current flow head right? Also am I looking straight down on your drawing? Still confused as if it is LEFT SIDE meaning looking at my tank straight on, is it the left SIDE or back wall on left side?

I get to go watch my daughter perform her dance poms routine all day, so be ready for me to go insane and ask tons of LONG texted questions.

I get to go watch my daughter perform her dance poms routine all day, so be ready for me to go insane and ask tons of LONG texted questions.

Haha I'll be ready. Yes your looking at the drawing from the front. And the stock intake it the piece that came with the tank. The outtake.

Ok test kit came and tested my levels. PH was either 7.8 to 8, very tough to determine which. Ammonia was either 0ppm or .25ppm. Nitrite was 2ppm to 5ppm, once again hard to determine and Nitrate was 80ppm.

Coralife is sending me a new canopy or top because the one with use doesnt sit or seal properly to the tank. I hope the new one works because if it does not, they need to give me a new tank and I am not ready to throw away all the time I have spent on this tank thus far. Any ideas?

Ok great, appreciate the advice. Set on 5 gallon water changes, I have that set on TO DO list. Lighting doesn't matter until cycle process is over correct? Is so I got that down pat. Can you send me that email of things to purchase from Amazon and/or InTank. Want to get that ordered today :) Thanks bud.

Can you share that list? New biocube 29 coralife. Tnx

Can you guys tell me where is the best place to place the chemipure bag on the stock biocube 29? Tnx

Is your tank set up yet? Do not put chemipure until your tank has cycled.

UPDATE: Well new canopy came and it did not make a difference, the lid just does not close from the front middle going to the right and along the side. I looked at everything. Spoke with the company and the only other option after this is to get an entirely new tank and start over, which I will not do. I know it may sound petty, but buying a new tank and putting over $700 into this already and never had a fish yet. Tank was cylcing and from what Convict stated, going good. I have decided to just quit as there are no other options.

If someone has an idea of what I could do, let me know, but I am very disappointed and feel like I lost at the blackjack table.

Wow nice tank Reefer. I just got biocube 29 a few days ago its still dry. New to this. Thank you for your post.

Thanks! It's been set up for about 2 years or more.one of the best investments I ever made,I use to have a 90 gallon reef and I have to say this biocube is self sufficient besides the weekly 5 gallon water changes.im in the process of building a new stand which I have on the DIY projects and I'm also taking the rim off along with new led's on the way

UPDATE: Well new canopy came and it did not make a difference, the lid just does not close from the front middle going to the right and along the side. I looked at everything. Spoke with the company and the only other option after this is to get an entirely new tank and start over, which I will not do. I know it may sound petty, but buying a new tank and putting over $700 into this already and never had a fish yet. Tank was cylcing and from what Convict stated, going good. I have decided to just quit as there are no other options.

If someone has an idea of what I could do, let me know, but I am very disappointed and feel like I lost at the blackjack table.

Honestly your probably better off with the hood open a little to let some of the heat out..I have the hqi hood with 2 power compact bulbs and the evaporation of water cause of my setup is drastic,I also have a chiller to keep the temp at 76-77 and it runs a lot during the day.this is the main reason I'm getting led's.

Honestly your probably better off with the hood open a little to let some of the heat out..I have the hqi hood with 2 power compact bulbs and the evaporation of water cause of my setup is drastic,I also have a chiller to keep the temp at 76-77 and it runs a lot during the day.this is the main reason I'm getting led's.

The company has offered the following. Keep what I have, do not have to send back the old canopy and they will send me a stand. The question is, how do I get the existing tank onto the new stand without taking all the water out. Any suggestions on lighting, I have the house LED, two additional LED (lunar and white) and then the house floruescents. Do not know what lighting I should go with and when.

Ok I am ready, or at least I think I am ready for my first fish. Do I start with one fish, do I start with a coral? Any help is appreciated.

The easiest way is to get a large tote and empty the water into it and all the live rock you have,reason being ....your tank is cycled already and you want to use the established water.i would leave a few gallons of water in the tank with the sand(lots of good bacteria flourishing in there)I personally don't care for the stand.i think it is made very poorly,do yourself a favor and use wood glue on every piece of wood ,you'll be thanking me in the future..

So are you saying I should have went the other route and just got a new tank and exchanged it. Just want to do this right, yes I will use wood glue, thanks for the advice. What are the best starter corals and fish? I am thinking a clownfish to start.

Ok I am ready, or at least I think I am ready for my first fish. Do I start with one fish, do I start with a coral? Any help is appreciated.

I would start with cheap fish something like blue green chromis ,take it from me I went out and bought a yellow tang that I spent 30 bucks for and he didn't make it 2 days.i definitely wouldn't go with damsels ,they are very territorial and aggressive.

I would start with cheap fish something like blue green chromis ,take it from me I went out and bought a yellow tang that I spent 30 bucks for and he didn't make it 2 days.i definitely wouldn't go with damsels ,they are very territorial and aggressive.

Ok great, any snails or shrimp needed at first or just start slow.

Back
Top Bottom