Brave Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cd5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Everytime I put my hand in to scrape off the corraline on the front class my clown tries to pick at me, I should not be worried, no toxins in his peck

There are better ways to cleaning the coraline off of your tank! There are many scrapers available (and a few that attach directly to a mag float) that are way better than putting your arm in the tank.

Your clown may be offering gentle advice now to stay out of his turf, but as they become more settled in their home they get pretty forceful. Expect him/her to get down right nasty with you with age!

I have a wild Fire Clown and he goes after my hand anytime I put it in there. No lie i have an open top tank and I went to pull my mag float out and he darted up from his anemone and tried to bite me and shot himself out of the tank and onto the floor. Thankfully I got him back in there. AND HE STILL BITES ME.. ecspecially when I feed his anemone

do all clowns do this? i have a MYS clown, and when i put my hand in the tank it seems that he doesn't even notice me. he just goes about his business and swims around my hand.

does anyone have links of the scrapers that are compatible with the mag-float? TIA.

I have heard of clowns biting and the biggest one i have a Fals perc use to bite the lady i got him from. Although i broke that habit! my hand is way bigger. if its just a perc chase it back a few times or push him to the side and let m know whos the boss. humm but tomato and cinamon clowns i have heard are the worst at biting.

Mine is too noce too bite me lol. I always stick my finger in the tank and it instantly knows there going to be food.It comes up and nips at my fingers for the food lol.

You think thats brave? My clown sits on top of my dwarf lionfish sometimes lol.
Its really wierd so far it's done it about 6 times with no effect to it.

My Maroon clown would nip me anytime I placed my hand in the tank ... even spitting CC and sand at me from time to time. Wonder if that was her way of trying to tell me what she realllllly thought about me adding a new coral or pc. of rock? ;)
Kimberly

I have a friend that got bit by his tomato clown and it drew blood haha.

Lol it's really hard to catch it in the act lol. Usualy i'll be laying down watching tv in my room and ill jsut look over at my tank quick and it'll be doing it. It hasn't happen in about a month but sooner or later.....

If it does happen i'll definitely get a pic of it.

Back
Top Bottom