brazillian yellow canary eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gibbiceps

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
there is a full grown yellow canary eel at my lfs does anyone have any opinion on these fish :?: can they go with my longhorn cowfish,large clown trigger, large maroon clown and sharp nosed puffer? How are they fed?

No eels are totally reef safe. They will hide behind rocks, dig holes when they swim, are very strong and will re-decorate your aquascaping, not to mention that they can break brittle corals. And to top it off, they will eat ANY fish, crab, shrimp clam that it can fit into its mouth. They are very messy eaters and give off a lot of waste, so you have to be carfull of amonia\nitrite\nitrate spikes, so make sure you have a real good skimmr.

That said, I keep an eel in my reef tank. It can be done, its just a lot of work, but well worth it.

If you are haiving trouble finding information on the eel, look up the name goldentail moray. The eel you are describing is a color variation sold as a different species.

look up the name goldentail moray. The eel you are describing is a color variation sold as a different species.
no it is not that eel the one i am looking at is a yellowish white eel about a foot long and is the thickness of 2 pencils :? it also is in there coral/soft anemone tank

"The goldentail moray can be brown with tiny gold flecks, brown with larger light spots or even all yellow. The latter phase is often sold as the Brazilian golden moray and sells for hundereds of dollars."AFM volume 14 number 6.
This is where i am getting my info, but i could be wrong.

thanks fishstix that is the one :D i bought him and he is working out great very pricy though

Back
Top Bottom