Breeder tank question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Once my tank is setup with LR and everything else I need and of course cycled would it be possible for me to put clownfish and damsels in a 30 gallon breeder (that I may buy tomorrow)?

well from what i have been reading, that unless tank is big enough there will be trouble in that size tank....i am a newbie so maybe someone else can confirm

doug

This tank setup was a breeder for perculia clowns.

Could upgrade to a 40 gal breeder or even 65 gal tank pretty cheap with the same stand. The benefit of a breeder is that it has more surface area than a conventional tank. 36" long x 18" wide x 12" high vice 36" x 12" x 18".

More surface area equals more gas/oxygen exchange capabilities (capable of sustaining more fish ie able to breed lots of little critters but not necessarily have lots in it for keeps. Like a fish store has.).

Yes you can have the damsels and clowns in it Even throw in a blenny and some coral. With the shorter height tank lighting is easier to accomplish without high dollar stuff.

Back
Top Bottom