breeding Banggai Cardinals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiwi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am going to attempt to breed an already mated pair of Cardinals. I haven't done this before and am needing to get everything set up to do so. I would like as much advice as possible. I will be doing my best to feed them shaved brine shrimp since where I live there is no access to nauplii or any live food for that matter. The store I bought the pair from said he's had some success feeding this. Would you recommend also soaking in selcon? And although I have another tank I would really much prefer just seperating them somehow in the main reef tank as to avoid shock from changing environment etc.... Is there any way to net off a tiny section and either use a plastic plant or real for shelter and just place them in there so they don't need to change environments? I could possibly move them later on when they are bigger and can survive the move to the other tank.

Cindy-Marie :D

I have read the marini article and have read and printed keith Clarke's article on the subject.

I have read the marini article and have read and printed keith Clarke's article on the subject.

hi i've never bred marine fish before, but i would suggest feeding the adults some squid and other high- protien foods. alot of protien is needed for breeding.
instead of fake plants why not try caulerpa - it will do fine in any condition bengaiis could breed in. in fact i can't kill mine - i've tried to. for the babies maybe you would want to try raising your own brine - sanfransisco bay makes a kit for breeding brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom