Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

breeding Banggai Cardinals

Hi! I am going to attempt to breed an already mated pair of Cardinals. I haven't done this before and am needing to get everything set up to do so. I would like as much advice as possible. I will be doing my best to feed them shaved brine shrimp since where I live there is no access to nauplii or any live food for that matter. The store I bought the pair from said he's had some success feeding this. Would you recommend also soaking in selcon? And although I have another tank I would really much prefer just seperating them somehow in the main reef tank as to avoid shock from changing environment etc.... Is there any way to net off a tiny section and either use a plastic plant or real for shelter and just place them in there so they don't need to change environments? I could possibly move them later on when they are bigger and can survive the move to the other tank.

Cindy-Marie

Old 08-03-2003, 08:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have read the marini article and have read and printed keith Clarke's article on the subject.

Old 08-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have read the marini article and have read and printed keith Clarke's article on the subject.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

hi i've never bred marine fish before, but i would suggest feeding the adults some squid and other high- protien foods. alot of protien is needed for breeding.
instead of fake plants why not try caulerpa - it will do fine in any condition bengaiis could breed in. in fact i can't kill mine - i've tried to. for the babies maybe you would want to try raising your own brine - sanfransisco bay makes a kit for breeding brine shrimp.

Tags
breed, breeding, cardinals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com