Breeding clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhuamani32

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 10, 20, and 30 gallon tanks that are empty and was starting to look into breeding clowns. Any advice you could give me or what setup I should go with to start this. I know it's not easy but I'm up for the challenge.

Breeding clowns can be difficult but is also easier than breeding most other sw fish. When breeding clowns be sure not to have a single other inhabitant in the tank, it will prevent them from breeding. It's best to breed them if they have a host anemone. Also the bigger the tank the better. If you don't have an anemone, just use live rock with diagonal flat ramp like structures. That's were they'll most likely lay their eggs. Good luck.(y)

Hello I have a question I have a black and white clown and a normal clown I forget what kind it is it's one of the cheaper memos orange and white with black outline my question is could they breed I would say they are a pair there inseparable just wondering thank you

If you have a black and white occellaris and regular occellaris then yes they can breed but the black and white ones tend to be more difficult to breed I've heard

Back
Top Bottom