breeding clowns questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken rooke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi gang.i have a pair of spawing clarki clowns and recently i moved the fry to a ten gallon but i lost them overnight.i had two airstones in and i think i overdid it with the bubbles.how much aeriation is needed.i didnt expect alot as this was my first attempt and it was their sixth or so spawn.do you leave the light off in the fry tank till morning once the transfer is complete.seems to make sense to me as in the wild it would be dark till morning.i have rotifers and nano occulata growing so i am prepared in that aspect.any tips or experiences with clown raising especially clarki would be appreciated.

I have raised true percula fry before. Are u taking the eggs out before they hatch??

That how i do it. The only reason i have ever lost a large amount of fry in one night is due to temperature change. U should leave the lights off til the next day. After that i have the lights on 12 hours a day. I also did not use air stones i used a sponge filter instead. Are u using water from the same tank they are hatched??

That how i do it. The only reason i have ever lost a large amount of fry in one night is due to temperature change. U should leave the lights off til the next day. After that i have the lights on 12 hours a day. I also did not use air stones i used a sponge filter instead. Are u using water from the same tank they are hatched??
yes the water is moved over just prior to the transfer.well i will try again this sunday night.its not like you dont have a lot of chances.thanks for responding.

Back
Top Bottom