breeding saltwater fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flamingonhot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are some common saltwater fish that can be bred? ive heard of clownfish and some pseudochromis being bred pretty easily. Ive become somewhat fascinated in this subject and would like to attempt it later on when i get everything for my seahorse tank, go on vacation collecting fish and stuff, and redoing my room.

Have jawfish ever been bred? i would really like to breed them, ive only heard that some people have bred them and they are mouthbrooders.

Any tips of info on what types will breed easily would be greatly appreciated.

i have a pair of cardinals wich finally started to sucessfully breed,with cardinals or clownfish its very hard to breed them unless thier almost 2 years old at least over 1 year for shure.
all i really had to do is feed the cardinals like crazy and they do the rest after 3 to 3-1/2 weeks he spit 6 babys out and i turky bastered them out, i cought 3 2 went in the overflow and 1 went missing(eaten im shure) its been 2 monthes or more and all 3 are doing well they just came off live brine and are eating freeze dried brine and frozen misis shrimp.
the 2 cardinals had another batch 2 weeks latter but after 4 weeks of holding them i woke up and they were all gone with no trace :( much harder for my wife than me but still wish i found some

Back
Top Bottom