Brents 150 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seachem reef dip coral disinfectant. Mr. X recommends luguls. I couldn't get it locally or I would have gotten that.
Lugols for some things, but Coral RX is a potent dip, and I would use this for parasites. Lugols I would use mainly for bacterial issues.

Wow, so someone just asked on another forum what the dimensions of my tank were so I went to go measure, looks like the person I bought it from sold me a 125 with the pretenses that it was a 150 :( I may have over paid a bit looking back but I am still content with the size of the tank just a little disappointed that it took me this long to realize it.
IMO, the 125 is a better tank anyway. A shorter distance from the lighting to the sand bed. ;)

I ordered a bottle of coral rx from brs as I couldn't find luguls. But I really am liking the 125 so far! The new lights on it look awesome and will work for the time being until I am able to upgrade. How do you guys disinfect live rock? Right now it is still sitting in the bucket of water as it seems everyone has a differing opinion on what works and what doesn't, so far I have found some mini brittle stars and some cerith snails which after researching and acclimating I have placed in the tank. There are little white starfish that are coming out of the rock too which seem like they could be bad news

No. None of the starfish on that rock are bad news. Where did you get this rock from? If it's uncured/cycled, you may want to cycle it in a separate container to ensure you don't get an ammonia spike from any die off that's decomposing. Other than that, there is no "disinfecting" necessary.

One of the local reefers in my area, it had some gsp on it so I thought I would give it a shot for cheep, came straight out of his frag tank into my bucket overnight, could it have died in that amount of time?

Ok! Thanks for the help! I have been following your 300 build and it is one of the reasons I wanted to start a reef! I'll be sorry to see it go but I'm sure the new cube is going to look just as great if not better

That's nice to hear. I'm still in the game with my 50 gallon shallow stock tanks. T5 powered...lol (I had an old unit in the garage and the tank buyer took all my Chinese panels). Still searching CL for a cube though.....they want about $800.00 for the tank and stand brand new :(

Glad to hear you are still in the game! Did you keep any fish or just corals? On a side note I woke up this morning and noticed that my frogspawn looks like it has a white tear in it, is this normal or is there something I can do about it?

Attachments

• image-3072871869.jpg
    image-3072871869.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2090109691.jpg
    image-2090109691.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 100
Ok so maybe it is just me over reacting :) I have decided to start getting a stock list together so that I can figure out what will work and what won't. I will probably be editing this post throughout the day today adding things as I go So far these are a few things that I would be interested in putting in my tank

For sure I want
A pair of clowns (not sure what kind)
Flame angel
Yellow tang
A school of bangaii cardinals
Some type of goby (orange spot, orange stripe prawn, high fin red banded, or if possible all of them?)

Things that I am interested in
Harlequin tusk
A pair of firefish
Mertensii butterfly fish

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know

I have looked at the fox faces but I really like the yellow tang and from what I have heard they can really do a number on algae as well. And I don't wanna over stock my tank. I would prefer to have less fish and more coral that way I have a tank that is easier to maintain

I'm nervous about when they get big lol, I don't wanna spend a bunch of money and get attached only to have to get rid of them down the road because most likely I won't be able to do so

Back
Top Bottom