Brents 150 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's getting there but still has flare ups at times and overflows the cup, right now I'm just running it in full blast all the way open and cleaning out the cup as much as I can until it is broke in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran my bubble magus with the air wide open to let the most air in and help it to break it. It took about a week but it worked. New skimmers can be a bit of a pain to lock in but it works perfect now.

Took some readings on my tank, no cycle yet but I am having algae issues. Here are my levels

Calcium 435
Alk 149
Phosphates .04
Temp 79.1
Ph 7.85

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 2.5

Is it possible that my ph is causing algae issues? It has been that low since I started and I read that you are better off acclimating fish longer to your ph then trying to get your ph up to match what it needs to be?

Would my numbers cause that much of an issue? I thought they were pretty good from looking around on the Internet.

Thanks, I think I really need to get some macro in my sump to hopefully get the algae to grow there rather than in my display

Ok, so up until recently everything has been thriving in my tank, today I did a water change even though I had no detectable levels, I'm very lightly stocked two small clowns and a small yellow tang. I do have a few corals, frogspawn, a Duncan, zoas, Xenia, acan, tyree toad stool, green hynaphoria and two unknown pieces of Sps that I was given to test out by a local member of my reef club

All of these are still doing great I was getting polup extension out of everything until three days ago,

All at once my frogspawn, Duncan, Xenia and toadstool closed up and stopped putting out their polups. The frogspawn is starting to bounce back, about half the extension that it had and one of the Duncan heads opened up.

The only thing that I changed was putting Chaeto and a light over my sump.

Readings are all exactly the same as above except my ph is 7.81 now

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this or what could be happening? I am completely stumped but I did the fail safe water change either way

I should also mention that when cleaning the glass right now It almost seemed that there was a coating of like baby oil like substance on the glass

Back
Top Bottom