Brents 150 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, so someone just asked on another forum what the dimensions of my tank were so I went to go measure, looks like the person I bought it from sold me a 125 with the pretenses that it was a 150 :( I may have over paid a bit looking back but I am still content with the size of the tank just a little disappointed that it took me this long to realize it.

As long as you're happy with the tank, I wouldn't be too upset. It looks good and best of luck moving forward.

Today I went to pick up a light from someone from my local reef club and in doing so he also gave me a frag of frogspawn with 4 heads on it for free, I told him my tank was still cycling but he insisted that it would be okay and that I should take it, I guess I would like to know if this is true, right now it is drip acclimating for the last 2 hours or so I have noticed some red bug looking things on the (stem)? Not sure what they are called but I am very hesitant to put anything in my tank before I know it's not harmful, does anyone know what these could be and how to get rid of them, I read that a freshwater dip of 30 sec would get rid of flatworms would that work in this case?

What is the best coral dip to have on hand? I won't need one for a while as I'm still cycling and the only reason I added this one is becasue it was free and he insisted I take it. the freshwater dip seems to have done the trick on the red bugs and a few other things that were left floating in the water. And two of the 4 heads have opened up

Here is the frogspawn, it looks like it is acclimating well to me, does anyone think differently

Attachments

• image-1133065532.jpg
    image-1133065532.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image-1205470836.jpg
    image-1205470836.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 130
I got a chunk of frogspawn about a month an a half ago. It is very slowly shining in size. Still maintaining its coloration though. Hopefully the less in a month will bounce him back

What kind of lights do you have on your tank? From what I have seen so far in mine if I put it in too high of flow it shrinks up and if I turn off my lights it also shrinks up, maybe it's one of these things

4-96w power compacts, I have right around 5500 gob flow, and mines about 50-60% up towards the light siting directly under the lights

Mine gets a decent amount of flow. Not really whipping in the flow or anything. It is however about 3/4 of the way down the tank away from the wp40.

How were you able to get your water to clear? I'm on day 2 and it's still cloudy

Bought myself a 10 lbs chunk of live rock today, what is the best way to get all of the hitch hikers I want out of it before I put it in my tank? Right now I just have it soaking in a 5 gallon bucket

Back
Top Bottom